With less than a year to go for the U-17 FIFA World Cup, Sports Minister Vijay Goel says the ‘Mission 11 Million’ aims to train 11 million children in football by next year.
Goel, who inaugurated the UFLEX Stairs School Football League’s third edition, shared his vision for sports development in India and outlined the government’s mission.
“The mission 11 million aims to train 11 million children in India on football in the next one year,” he said.
Goel highlighted the personal interest shown by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in promoting and developing sports.
Appreciating UFLEX STAIRS School Football League’s contribution to the development of football in India through such league across Delhi and Gujarat, Goel thanked Siddhartha Upadhyay, Founder and Secretary General of STAIRS for his role in promoting football talent in India.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Goel said, “I used to play khokho, basketball, tennis and was in NCC. I advice all of you to play sports with interest and passion. Football teaches sportsmen spirit and brings the country together. We have to develop ourselves strongly as the FIFA Under-17 is all set to take place next year.”
Rajiv Yadav, Secretary, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports said, “Our Hon’ble Prime Minister has a vision of football being played in every Indian village. In line with this vision the Mission 11 million program has been planned by the Sports Ministry to train 11 million schools students in football from all corners of the country.
“The government will work organise football clinics in schools and support in providing football training and coaching methodologies to strengthen the students on fundamentals of the game.”