UEFA says an interim ban stopped Finland midfielder Roman Eremenko from playing against Iceland in a World Cup qualifying match.
UEFA says its disciplinary committee imposed a 30-day provisional suspension on Eremenko. UEFA gave no reason, citing confidentiality.
The Finnish football federation said late Thursday that UEFA informed it of Eremenko’s ban hours before kickoff in Iceland. Finland lost 3-2.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Eremenko is now set to miss the next two Champions League matches for CSKA Moscow, home and away against Monaco.
UEFA’s intervention could mean the Moscow-born player broke rules at a Champions League match in September. Eremenko scored in a 2-2 draw at Bayer Leverkusen and played in a 1-0 home loss against Tottenham.