Tottenham Hotspur defender Toby Alderweireld, who last featured in their Premier League draw at West Bromwich Albion in October, was in commanding form alongside compatriot Jan Vertonghen at the heart of the Spurs defence that conceded just 35 league goals last season.
“He (Alderweireld) has been training with the team this week. We need to assess him tomorrow to see if he’s ready or not,” Pochettino told reporters on Thursday.
In the absence of the influential Belgian, Tottenham have struggled, having won just once in their last nine games, which has led to an early exit from the Champions League and an end to their 12-game unbeaten league run at Chelsea last weekend.
Pochettino also said he was delighted that the protracted contract negotiations with Harry Kane ended with the striker signing a new six-year deal at the club.
“It’s important for us, for the club. It’s great news. We are very happy because he (Kane) is showing his commitment to the club,” the Argentine added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It’s important for the player to be calm in their mind and focus on playing and improving every day. When they are involved in the negotiations, it can affect the player.
“I’m not saying it affected Harry, but the deal is done and he can focus on training and improving and scoring goals.”
Left back Danny Rose is available for Saturday’s clash against Swansea after missing the Chelsea defeat through suspension, but winger Erik Lamela and defender Ben Davies remain out with injury.
Tottenham are fifth in the league with 24 points, seven behind leaders Chelsea and four behind fourth-placed Arsenal after 13 games.