Mecca of Indian Football, Kolkata on Tuesday had a date with French football superstar Thierry Henry as he enthralled the crowd here at Rabindra Sarovar stadium by lighting the lamp at Atletico de Kolkata’s home game against Mumbai City FC.
Along with ISL chairperson Nita Ambani and ATK co-owner Sanjeev Goenka, Henry was the special guest.
Wearing a black t-shirt, grey jeans and black sneakers, the 39-year-old France 1998 World Cup winner was all smiles as he walked around the centre of the pitch flanked by organisers of the Indian Super League. The stadium roared in unison as the announcer spelt out his name for the first time as Henry walked into the ground waving to his fans.
The stadium roared “Henry Henry” as he waved to the crowds.
Just before the start of the game Henry shook hands with players of both the teams but sat glued to the proceedings on turf.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
At lemon break, Henry was seen with ATK co-owner and former India cricket captain Sourav Ganguly on the pitch.
Goenka along with Ganguly felicitated Henry with a tri-colour scarf.
Henry, Ambani and Ganguly posed for a selfie moments later. “He will watch the entire match and will also interact with the players ahead of the playing of national anthem and sign off by attending the prize distribution ceremony,” an official said.
ISL Chairperson Nita Ambani will also join Henry who will head to Mumbai the next day wrapping his one-day visit to the city.
In Mumbai, Henry will attend a friendly match among Arsenal Football School and Reliance Foundation Young Champ in the afternoon.