Former Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs passed up the opportunity to become Swansea City manager because the Premier League club did not match his ambitions.
British media reports suggested Giggs was in line to replace recently sacked coach Francesco Guidolin at Swansea but the Welsh club instead appointed American Bob Bradley earlier this month following the Italian’s departure.
Giggs won 13 Premier League titles as a player for United and managed them for four matches on an interim basis following the sacking of David Moyes in 2014.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I was enjoying a bit of travelling and I got a call off Swansea and I met them a couple of times,” Giggs told ITV on Saturday.
“In the end there was just mixed messages from the football side and the ownership side of the club. I just felt their ambitions did not really match mine so it didn’t quite work out.”
The 42-year-old Welshman, who also worked as assistant to former United boss Louis van Gaal, added that he had “an underwhelming interview for the post”.
Swansea, who are 17th in the league standings on four points from their opening seven games, travel to Arsenal on Oct. 15.