China-based Bolivia international striker Marcelo Moreno said he could accept a pay cut to return to Brazilian football next year.
The former Cruzeiro, Gremio and Flamengo player is in the final weeks of a two-year contract with Changchun Yatai, meaning he is free to sign a pre-contract with another club, reports Xinhua.
The 29-year-old is being pursued by reigning Brazilian champions Corinthians, who are in the market for a striker, according to Globoesporte.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I read about it (interest from Corinthians) on the internet,” Moreno said after playing in Bolivia’s 5-0 loss to Brazil in a World Cup qualifier here.
“I’m happy that such a big club is interested in me, but there is nothing official. I haven’t received any proposal and my agent hasn’t either.
“There’s no way to compare (salaries). There is a lot of investment in Chinese football. If I have to take a pay cut, I’ll have to give it serious thought and talk with my family. We’ll wait and see what happens.”
Moreno, whose career has also included spells at Wigan Athletic and Werder Bremen, has scored 20 goals in 48 appearances for Changchun Yatai since January 2015.
“I miss Brazilian football. Everyone who has played in Brazil knows what it’s like, the adrenaline that fans bring to each game,” Moreno added.