Stoke City manager Mark Hughes is facing the prospect of losing on-loan Wilfried Bony in January after it emerged the striker has a release clause in his Manchester City contract which allows him to be sold to clubs in China.
The 27-year-old Bony has struggled since joining Stoke from Manchester City in August, scoring just twice in 10 appearances.
“There is some truth to that (the clause), but I’m not too sure that will affect anything here in January,” Hughes told reporters on Friday.
“Wilf is more focused on focusing his career in the Premier League, and unless he comes in and says he has had an offer from China then we anticipate him being here.”
Right back Glen Johnson has recovered from thigh injury in time for Sunday’s Premier League clash against Watford but defender Phil Bardsley will join versatile centre back Geoff Cameron on the sidelines.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Geoff Cameron is still unavailable. We are finding it difficult to progress the injury as quickly as we would like,” Hughes said.
“Phil Bardsley will be out for a number of weeks – he has a bit of ligament damage… his injury has coincided with the return of Glen Johnson, who is fit and well.”
Joe Allen, who will miss Sunday’s clash at Watford through suspension, has been in fine form, scoring four goals in 11 league starts this season.
“Joe has made a real impact for Wales and for ourselves… He understood he needed to leave Liverpool and has come here and prospered,” Hughes added.
Stoke are 13th in the table with 13 points, five behind eighth-placed Watford after 12 games.