Southampton have appointed former Dutch international Ronald Koeman as manager on a three-year contract, the English Premier League club said on their Twitter feed on Monday.
The 51-year-old, who left Feyenoord at the end of this season, replaces Mauricio Pochettino after the Argentine joined Tottenham Hotspur last month.
The new manager will also have his brother Erwin as his assistant at Southampton.
Koeman, one of the finest players in Dutch history, spent three successful seasons at Feyenoord. They finished second to Ajax Amsterdam last season and were the league’s leading scorers.
Koeman has also previously managed Ajax, Benfica, PSV Eindhoven, Valencia and AZ Alkmaar. As a player he was a goal-scoring defender known for his powerful shot and captained the Netherlands team that won the European Championship in 1988.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Koeman won the European Cup with PSV in 1988 before joining compatriot Johan Cruyff’s Barcelona ‘dream team’ that won four successive Spanish league titles and the 1992 European Cup. Southampton finished eighth in the league this season.