Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is itching to return to the team for the Premier League match against arch-rivals Manchester United at Anfield on Monday.
Manager Juergen Klopp has preferred Loris Karius for the last three games, but erratic performances from the 23-year-old German have prompted calls for Mignolet to be restored to the starting line-up.
“I didn’t play the last two weeks and I don’t want it to be any longer. I look at it positively. I hope to play against United. I still feel confident because of my good league start,” Mignolet told reporters.
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Against Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester I have been important for the team by making some good saves. I have the advantage that the game against United is on Monday so I can have a full preparation,” the Belgian added.
“I don’t know what the coach will decide. I can just prepare myself 100 percent. Whether I play or not, nothing will change my match preparation.”
Fourth-placed Liverpool have won their last four league games. United, sixth in the table, won both league meetings between the sides last season.