The demonetisation has apparently hit even the scarf sellers who ply their trade outside the Rabindra Sarovar Stadium where Indian Super League (ISL) football matches are being held this year.
Ahead of Atletico de Kolkata’s home tie against NorthEast United FC on Thursday, the scarf sellers looked sombre as their business has gone dry. They blamed the central government’s decision to ban high-value currency notes for their plight.
“Usually we go home happy after selling the scarfs if not all the jerseys. This time it seems no one is willing to spend money on anything which is not a necessity,” a young seller with mostly NorthEast scarfs said.
“NorthEast fans come in large numbers here and buy our stuff. It seems the currency crunch has hit all very hard,” he added.
Another fellow seller said that most of the spectators get complimentary tickets and are not ardent supporters.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“I don’t think they buy tickets. We sell during the Indian Premier League (IPL) too at the Eden Gardens and there is a buzz which is missing here. Of course, the currency ban is a big problem. We have been waiting here since two hours before kick-off but to no avail.”