Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo may miss Wednesday’s King’s Cup final against Barcelona after his club announced he had a muscle injury in his left thigh.
Real did not say how long the Portugal captain, who has also been suffering from a knee problem, would be sidelined but local media reported he would almost certainly not be available for the final at Valencia’s Mestalla stadium, a repeat of the 2011 showpiece when Ronaldo scored in Real’s 1-0 win.
“Medical tests performed on Cristiano Ronaldo have revealed an injury to the player’s left biceps femoris muscle,” Real said in a brief statement on their website.
Ronaldo was rested for Real’s Champions League game at Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday, when the Spanish club lost 2-0 but went through to the semi-finals 3-2 on aggregate. Spanish media reported he had picked up the thigh strain in a training session the previous day, with sports daily As saying he would be out for two weeks.
The two-legged Champions League semi-finals are on April 22/23 and April 29/30. Real are third in La Liga, three points behind leaders Atletico Madrid, and host Almeria on Saturday. Ronaldo, who has scored 45 goals this year, including a league-leading 28.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was fined 8,000 pounds ($13,400)and warned about his future conduct after being sent to the stands in last month’s 1-0 defeat at Aston Villa. The FA announced his punishment in a statement on its website (www.thefa.com) and said he breached Rule E3 by going on to the field in an attempt to speak to the referee.
Mourinho went on the Villa Park pitch to try and speak to referee Chris Foy after Brazilian midfielder Ramires became the second Chelsea player red-carded in the match following Willian’s earlier dismissal. The Portuguese denied an improper conduct charge but he lost his case at Wednesday’s personal hearing with an independent regulatory commission. Mourinho claimed all he wanted to do was speak to the referee who refused to speak to him and sent him off from the dugout.