Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo may miss Wednesday’s King’s Cup final against Barcelona after his club announced he had a muscle injury in his left thigh.
Real did not say how long the Portugal captain, who has also been suffering from a knee problem, would be sidelined but local media reported he would almost certainly not be available for the final at Valencia’s Mestalla stadium, a repeat of the 2011 showpiece when Ronaldo scored in Real’s 1-0 win.
“Medical tests performed on Cristiano Ronaldo have revealed an injury to the player’s left biceps femoris muscle,” Real said in a brief statement on their website.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ronaldo was rested for Real’s Champions League game at Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday, when the Spanish club lost 2-0 but went through to the semi-finals 3-2 on aggregate. Spanish media reported he had picked up the thigh strain in a training session the previous day, with sports daily As saying he would be out for two weeks.
The two-legged Champions League semi-finals are on April 22/23 and April 29/30. Real are third in La Liga, three points behind leaders Atletico Madrid, and host Almeria on Saturday. Ronaldo, who has scored 45 goals this year, including a league-leading 28.
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was fined 8,000 pounds ($13,400)and warned about his future conduct after being sent to the stands in last month’s 1-0 defeat at Aston Villa. The FA announced his punishment in a statement on its website (www.thefa.com) and said he breached Rule E3 by going on to the field in an attempt to speak to the referee.
Mourinho went on the Villa Park pitch to try and speak to referee Chris Foy after Brazilian midfielder Ramires became the second Chelsea player red-carded in the match following Willian’s earlier dismissal. The Portuguese denied an improper conduct charge but he lost his case at Wednesday’s personal hearing with an independent regulatory commission. Mourinho claimed all he wanted to do was speak to the referee who refused to speak to him and sent him off from the dugout.