Robert Snodgrass and Michael Dawson struck twice in three minutes as struggling Hull came back from a goal down to beat Southampton 2-1 at the KCOM Stadium on Sunday and secure their first Premier League win since defeating Swansea 2-0 on Aug 20.
Hull looked set to continue their dismal run of six straight defeats when Charlie Austin put the visitors in front from the penalty spot six minutes in after Maya Yoshida was dragged down in the penalty box by Curtis Davies.
The Tigers lost both starting strikers Abel Hernandez and William Keane to injuries in the first half-hour but substitute forward Snodgrass looked lively after replacing the latter in the 26th minute and eventually turned the tide.
Despite Hull being under the cosh for much of the game, Snodgrass conjured up a brace of second-half strikes, first firing home himself to level the score in the 61st minute and then launching a free kick for Dawson to head Hull into the lead.
Hull remain in the bottom three on 10 points, level with West Bromwich Albion but behind them on goal difference, with Southampton three points ahead of them in 10th position.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016