Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata will likely miss the derby against Atletico Madrid on Saturday because of a hamstring injury sustained while playing for Spain.
The club said tests on Wednesday, a day after Spain’s 2-2 draw against England in London, confirmed the right leg injury that could sideline Morata for about a month.
Real Madrid said he likely won’t make it to the match at Vicente Calderon Stadium, where Madrid will defend a two-point lead over Barcelona in the Spanish league. Atletico is fourth, six points behind the city rival.
It remains uncertain if Karim Benzema will recover from his injury in time, but Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale are set to start.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016