Real Madrid have signed Colombia midfielder James Rodriguez from Monaco on a six-year contract, the La Liga club said on Tuesday.
“Real Madrid and AS Monaco have reached an agreement for the transfer of James Rodriguez that will see keep him at the club for the next six seasons,” Real said in a statement on their website. The World Cup’s Golden Boot winner with six goals, who will be presented at the Bernabeu later on Tuesday, is Real’s second major signing of the transfer window after Germany midfielder Toni Kroos from Bayern Munich.
No details of the fee for Rodriguez were disclosed but media reports said it was around 80 million euros ($107.9 million).
Rodriguez, 23, first came to Europe in 2010 after signing for Porto and won the Portuguese league three years in a row before joining Monaco last year.
His performances for Colombia at the World Cup prompted a move by Real for Rodriguez who pushed Monaco for the chance to play for the Spanish giants. “AS Monaco is proud to have helped James Rodriguez reveal his talent to the world as he notably made his mark on the 2014 World Cup in Brazil winning the golden boot” Vadim Vasilyev, Vice-Chairman and CEO of Monaco, said in a statement.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“James is a fantastic player who achieved great things with AS Monaco. The Club had no intention to sell the player, however the time came when the solution of a transfer was considered to be the most beneficial solution for all parties. AS Monaco is proud to be a party to one of the most significant transfers in football history.”
The arrival of Rodriguez could open the door for Angel Di Maria to leave Real.
Coach Carlo Ancelotti had wanted to keep him but the Argentine winger is believed to feel under-valued at the club. Alvaro Morata has left for Juventus and defensive midfielder Casemiro has joined Porto on a season-long loan.