Ankush Bains struck a patient 113 before half-centuries from Prashant Chopra, Nikhil Gangta and skipper Rishi Dhawan helped Himachal Pradesh force draw against Tripura in a Ranji Trophy group C match at the Bengal Cricket Academy ground.
Tripura, who scored a mammoth 549 in the first innings, logged three points by virtue of their first innings lead to jump to third place with nine points ahead of Himachal Pradesh, who had to settle for a point.
Resuming on 19 for one in their second innings while following-on, 20-year-old Bains followed up his first innings half-century with a solid century from 182 balls (13×4).
The wicketkeeper-batsman stood in three fifty-plus partnerships in the middle en route to his fourth first-class century, even as Tripura left arm spinner Gurwinder Singh (4/96) claimed regular breakthroughs.
Bains knock ensured that they overcame the deficit but soon he was trapped lbw by Singh ahead of the tea break and Tripura were in a sight of win. But an unbroken 107-run partnership between Gangta (64 not out) and skipper Rishi Dhawan (54 from as many balls) forced a draw.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Himachal Pradesh: 311 & 349 for 5 in 80 overs (Ankush Bains 113, Nikhil Gangta 64 not out, Rishi Dhawan 54 not out, Prashant Chopra 51; Gurwinder Singh 4/96).
Points: Tripura 3, Himachal Pradesh 1.