Atletico Madrid says it is helping police investigate a complaint made by a player from a second-division women’s team who said someone tried to film her in the shower at the club’s grounds on Sunday.
The unidentified player for Torrelodones went to police after noticing that someone tried to sneak a cell phone through a window while she took a shower after playing against Atletico at the team’s Ciudad Deportiva complex just outside Madrid.
Atletico Madrid said Tuesday it is doing everything possible to cooperate with authorities investigating what would be a “very serious” occurrence.
The club said it also opened an internal investigation and noted that its employees made themselves available to help the player the moment she raised awareness of the occurrence.
Torrelodones released a statement supporting the player and condemning the incident, saying that it is prepared to take all necessary actions “to defend the dignity of our player” if any images become public.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It also demanded a public apology from Atletico Madrid.