Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola finds nothing abnormal in his team’s 2-0 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur but wants the side to learn from Sunday’s loss and put their Premier League campaign back on track.
City could not cope with the intensity, pace and pressing of Spurs, ending Guardiola’s hopes of becoming the first manager to win his first seven Premier League matches.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We had problems; they were one step in front of us and we have to learn from that. Do I have regrets about my decisions? Maybe yeah. But we will learn so it doesn’t happen again,” Guardiola told reporters.
“I never thought that we would not lose a game. It is normal to the process; sometimes it happens and it can help us improve. At the end of the season you can win and still realise that you are not perfect.”
The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss believes Spurs, who now sit second in the standings, are strong contenders for the league title.
“They were fighting for the Premier League last season. We knew how aggressive they are. If you watch last season they were there,” Guardiola said.
“Can they also win the league? Why not? There are many teams that can achieve that and Tottenham is one of them.”
City, who remain top of the table, host Everton on Oct. 15.