Paris St Germain must be ruthless in front of goal when they take on 2012 winners Chelsea in a Champions League quarterfinal first leg on Wednesday, according to coach Laurent Blanc. The Ligue 1 champions-elect are on an eight-game winning streak in all competitions but the former France centre back knows Chelsea have the experience and defensive know-how to strangle any opposition.
PSG have this season’s second-most prolific offence in the Champions League with 22 goals while Chelsea boast the joint tightest defence, conceding only four goals this season.
PSG sailed through to the knockout stages of the Champions League from a group featuring Anderlecht, Porto and Olympiakos Piraeus before dismissing Bayer Leverkusen in the last 16.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The key to both games against Chelsea could be Blanc’s red-hot striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Swedish international is the leading scorer in Ligue 1 this term with 25 goals and has 10 in this season’s Champions League. Thiago Silva is a slight doubt for PSG.
Mourinho will be desperate for a reaction from his players after they delivered an abject show in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at struggling Crystal Palace. Striker Samuel Eto’o will not play as he has failed to recover from a hamstring strain.
Live on TEN SPORTS 00:15