Arsenal are likely to rotate their squad for Wednesday’s League Cup quarter-final against Southampton with manager Arsene Wenger promising a mixture of youth and experience.
French striker Olivier Giroud will definitely miss the game because of a slight groin problem and Mathieu Debuchy is also unavailable because of a hamstring injury.
Striker Lucas Perez is likely to start, however, after recovering from an ankle injury that has sidelined him for five weeks since he appeared in the last round against Reading.
“Mathieu had a scan today but we don’t have the results yet,” Wenger told Arsenal.com.
“Lucas is in the squad and we will have a mixture of youth and experience, but still 90 per cent of the first-team squad.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Spanish forward Lucas’s two goals this season came against Nottingham Forest in the League Cup.