Nice stayed three points clear at the top of Ligue 1 after Valentin Eysseric’s fine second-half goal gave them a 1-0 win away to St Etienne in an entertaining match on Sunday.
The result put Nice on 32 points from 13 games, three ahead of second-placed Monaco, who won 3-0 at Lorient on Friday, and champions Paris Saint Germain in third after they beat Nantes 2-0 at home on Saturday.
Nice were missing suspended striker Mario Balotelli but still created plenty of chances either side of Eysserick’s clinical 63rd-minute strike into the top corner from 15 metres.
There were muted celebrations by the 24-year old midfielder, who spent last season on loan at St Etienne, scoring six league goals in 29 games before returning to Nice in the close season.
Nice striker Alassane Plea missed two easy chances within minutes shortly after Eysseric scored and Jean Michel Seri also twice came close in the first half, with St Etienne’s Stephane Ruffier making several fine saves.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The keeper pushed over a spectacular Younes Belhanda lob from the halfway line deep into stoppage time moments after the hosts had missed a great chance to equalise when Loic Perrin blasted the ball over the bar from five metres.