Brazil’s injured star Neymar is on a shortlist for the World Cup’s best player which also includes seven names from Sunday’s World Cup final between Germany and Argentina.
Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano and Angel Di Maria from Argentina are on the list announced by FIFA Friday. Captain Messi has scored four goals heading into the final. Germany have four representatives, led by skipper Phillip Lahm, five-goal scorer Thomas Mueller, Toni Kroos, and Mats Hummel.
Neymar, who scored four goals before he suffered a fractured vertebrae, Colombia’s hot shot James Rodriguez, with six goals, and the Netherlands’ veteran forward Arjen Robben make up the 10.
Past winners of the Golden Ball award for the best player include Uruguyay’s Diego Forlan (2010), Zindeine Zidane (2006), German goalkeeper Oliver Kahn (2002) and Argentine legend Diego Maradona (1986).
The top goalkeeper award will be chosen from Keylor Navas of Costa Rica, Germany’s Manuel Neuer, and Sergio Romero, the Argentine who saved two penalties in the semi-final shoot-out with Holland.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The young player of the tournament will be decided between Dutch starlet Memphis Depay, and French duo Paul Pogba and Raphael Varane.
The winners, to be chosen by FIFA’s technical support group, will be announced after Sunday’s final.