Napoli hosted 25 young migrants at the Serie A match against Lazio on Saturday in an initiative with the city’s administration. The youngsters were rescued from the sea by the coast guard on Oct. 23, after arriving on a boat from Africa.
They sat in the stands with Naples Mayor Luigi de Magistris and showed a banner with the words “Forza Napoli” and “thank you” written in different languages.
Near them were schoolchildren of similar ages from Naples, who were invited to the match.
“Symbolically, it’s the utmost image of our city’s welcome because we know how strong, profound, deeply rooted and indissoluble is the link between the city of Naples and the football team,” De Magistris told Italy news agency ANSA.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Taking these kids to the stadium is a sign of really great hospitality, affection, friendship.”
The youngsters were set to meet players including defenders Kalidou Koulibaly and Elseid Hysaj after the match, which finished 1-1.
Koulibaly’s parents emigrated from Senegal to France, while Hysaj’s father came to Italy on a boat from Albania in the early 1990s.