Chelsea head into Sunday’s home game against Premier League champions Manchester United with manager Jose Mourinho looking to clock up 100 wins in the Premier League.
“My 100th victory in the Premier League is going to happen, we are going to try to do it against Man United,” Mourinho told reporters on Friday.
Chelsea are third in the Premier League, two points leaders Arsenal and improving on a weekly basis but “The Special One” said he was working towards long-term goals.
“We are not desperate to win the title. We are building for the future, but we want to keep our DNA of winning all the time,” he said.
“The team is improving and we are going to fight for the title until the very end. Let’s see what happens,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mourinho signed Nemanja Matic from Benfica this week and he believes the Serbian midfielder will be a hit at Stamford Bridge.
“I’m sure Matic will have a big impact. I’m happy he has come now because it gives time to adapt before next season,” Mourinho said.
“I am happy with the squad, not just now but for the future,” he added.
Although Manchester United are lagging 11 points behind Arsenal, Mourinho is still expecting a tough game.
“We are not playing against a team that is 11 points behind the leader, we are playing against the champions,” he said.
The former Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Porto manager also expressed his disappointment at United’s injury problems, with strikers Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie likely to miss the game.
“I would prefer Rooney and Van Persie to play. I prefer to play against the best players,” Mourinho said.
Rooney and Van Persie to miss Chelsea game
Manchester United strikers Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney will miss Sunday’s Premier League game at Chelsea, manager David Moyes said on Friday.
Rooney, who has not played since the New Year’s Day defeat by Tottenham Hotspur, has returned to the club from warm weather training but will not be available to face Jose Mourinho’s team.
“He’s training, doing some running and looking quite good. I don’t want to put a date on his return just now as I don’t want to say he’ll be fit for whatever game and then find he’s not. We’ve just got to take it bit by bit,” Moyes told a news conference.
Moyes sounded more confident about Van Persie’s fitness.
“I’m hoping Robin has a good chance of training at the start of next week. It would be a great boost. Most of the players are getting close to full fitness,” Moyes said.