Chelsea head into Sunday’s home game against Premier League champions Manchester United with manager Jose Mourinho looking to clock up 100 wins in the Premier League.
“My 100th victory in the Premier League is going to happen, we are going to try to do it against Man United,” Mourinho told reporters on Friday.
Chelsea are third in the Premier League, two points leaders Arsenal and improving on a weekly basis but “The Special One” said he was working towards long-term goals.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“We are not desperate to win the title. We are building for the future, but we want to keep our DNA of winning all the time,” he said.
“The team is improving and we are going to fight for the title until the very end. Let’s see what happens,” he added.
Mourinho signed Nemanja Matic from Benfica this week and he believes the Serbian midfielder will be a hit at Stamford Bridge.
“I’m sure Matic will have a big impact. I’m happy he has come now because it gives time to adapt before next season,” Mourinho said.
“I am happy with the squad, not just now but for the future,” he added.
Although Manchester United are lagging 11 points behind Arsenal, Mourinho is still expecting a tough game.
“We are not playing against a team that is 11 points behind the leader, we are playing against the champions,” he said.
The former Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Porto manager also expressed his disappointment at United’s injury problems, with strikers Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie likely to miss the game.
“I would prefer Rooney and Van Persie to play. I prefer to play against the best players,” Mourinho said.
Rooney and Van Persie to miss Chelsea game
Manchester United strikers Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney will miss Sunday’s Premier League game at Chelsea, manager David Moyes said on Friday.
Rooney, who has not played since the New Year’s Day defeat by Tottenham Hotspur, has returned to the club from warm weather training but will not be available to face Jose Mourinho’s team.
“He’s training, doing some running and looking quite good. I don’t want to put a date on his return just now as I don’t want to say he’ll be fit for whatever game and then find he’s not. We’ve just got to take it bit by bit,” Moyes told a news conference.
Moyes sounded more confident about Van Persie’s fitness.
“I’m hoping Robin has a good chance of training at the start of next week. It would be a great boost. Most of the players are getting close to full fitness,” Moyes said.