Atletico de Kolkata (ATK) head coach Jose Molina on Monday made a tongue-in-cheek remark about Mumbai City FC’s underperforming marquee footballer Diego Forlan, saying the Uruguayan must be good as he has been roped in at a high price for the third edition of the Indian Super League (ISL).
“Forlan is dangerous. Maybe he had better times before. If Mumbai are paying a lot of money for him maybe is dangerous,” Molina told reporters on the eve of ATK’s return tie against Mumbai. They played out a 1-1 draw in their first meeting earlier in the tournament.
Forlan is the highest-paid marquee in this season’s ISL. According to reports, ATK were also interested in the 2010 World Cup Golden Ball winner, awarded to the best player in a World Cup.
Asked if the home side have any special plans for Forlan who is returning after a three-game injury gap, Molina said, “They have a very good team. They have good attacking players with some having good individual skills.”
“Yes we do plan against Forlan which I cannot say here. It’s not the same as (Mattias) Defederico and (Sony) Norde. They are different players,” Molina said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Injured ATK marquee Helder Postiga might be on the bench on Tuesday, Molina informed. The Portuguese has been nursing a rib injury for some time.
“I don’t know whether he will play or not. He could be on the bench. He went 15 days without training and is still not at his best.”