The much-awaited Indian Super League is all set to kickstart at the Yuva Bharati Krirangan, in Kolkata on October 12 with the home team taking on Mumbai in the inaugural match.
“We are all ready for the start to this great tournament and are very excited about the first match against Mumbai,” said Harsh Neotia, co-owner of Atletico de Kolkata.
Neotia also revealed the list of Indian players, which the franchisee has recruited for the two-month long tournament.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“Our contingent will comprise of Sanju Pradhan, Kingshuk Debnath, Lester Fernandez, Subhasish Roy Chowdhury, Baljit Sahni, Climax Lawrence, Nalappan Mohanraj, Arnab Mondal, Mohammed Rafique, Rakesh Masih, Cavin Lobo, Biswajit Saha and Denzil Franco,” he said.
Neotia also informed that the team will play four friendly matches in Spain and will also have a month-long pre season training beginning next week in Spain at the Los Angeles de San Rafael training ground in El Espinar, Segovia, the same facility used by the Spanish giants Atletico Madrid.
“The Indian players will leave on August 25 and they will be joined by International recruits including marquee player Luis Garcia in the first week of September,” he said.
“We will give them world class facility and physical training in La Liga methodology. The stress is to build a better team,” head coach Antonio Lopez Habas and physical coach Miguel Martinez told reporters.