Mahendra Singh Dhoni might have forged a formidable coach-captain combination with Stephen Fleming for the CSK in the Indian Premier League but the India captain is on the verge of equalling an ignominous record in possession of the former Black Caps skipper – that of maximum number of away Test defeats while leading his country.
Fleming and Brian Lara with 16 overseas Test losses have the worst record among international skippers. Dhoni after the humilating defeat in the Manchester Test now has 13 away Test defeats as a leader under his belt.
Three more overseas Test defeats would put him alongside captains with worst Test records — a piece of statistic that
would certainly make the Indian captain uncomfortable.
After losing a Test match in New Zealand, Dhoni had surpassed Sourav Ganguly, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi and Mohammed
Azharuddin as the India skipper with worst away record.
The trio had 10 overseas Test defeats and the loss in Wellington was Dhoni’s 11th as captain on foreign soil.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
However Ganguly has the best record as captain on foreign soil with 11 Test victories including to series draws in England (2002) and Australia (2003-04). Under Ganguly’s captaincy, India also won in West Indies, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka.
Dhoni has so far won only six Tests away from home in the 27 he has led the side.