Ligue 1 leaders Nice will be without striker Mario Balotelli for at least three games after the Italian picked up a calf injury during training this week, coach Lucien Favre said.
Balotelli sustained the injury during a training session on Tuesday and sat out Thursday’s Europa League 2-0 defeat at Schalke 04 that sent the Azurean side out of the competition.
“He will not be there for the next three games in the 10 coming days,” Favre was quoted as saying on the club’s website (www.ogcnice.com).
“For the games that will follow, we don’t know yet.”
Balotelli will therefore miss Sunday’s home game against Bastia, the trip to En Avant Guingamp and another home match against Toulouse.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
There was more bad news for Nice with Favre confirming that defender Paul Baysse, who has been out for more than a month after starting the first nine league games, will not play until the end of the year because of a knee problem.
Nice have 32 points from 13 games and lead second-placed Monaco and third-placed Paris St Germain by three points.