Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was sent to the stands for the second time in a month on Sunday when a 1-1 draw with West Ham extended his team’s run of Old Trafford stalemates to four Premier League games.
With United already 11 points behind leader Chelsea and eight from Arsenal in the fourth Champions League qualification place, Mourinho’s frustrations are spilling out in public in his first season in charge.
Mourinho was sent off in the first half after kicking a water bottle in a furious reaction to a booking for Paul Pogba for an apparent dive.
Both goals had already been scored by that point, with West Ham going in front in 90 seconds. Dimitri Payet swung in a free kick from the right flank and Diafra Sakho, making just his second appearance of the season after recovering from a back injury, got ahead of Zlatan Ibrahimovic to head home.
United responded well to the setback with Pogba picking out the run of Ibrahimovic in the 21st minute and Swedish forward rose to glance a header into the net. United threatened to take charge but its spell of dominance was interrupted by Mourinho’s latest dispute with officialdom and the hosts couldn’t find a winner.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The last time United drew four straight games at home in the league was in 1980.