Manchester United have denied reports that defender Chris Smalling has a broken toe and could be absent until late December.
“The manager (Jose Mourinho) says it is not true,” a club representative told Reuters on Friday.
Mourinho appeared to question the commitment of Smalling and left back Luke Shaw after the England internationals missed Sunday’s 3-1 win over Swansea City.
The Portuguese manager said that Smalling “doesn’t feel that he can play 100 percent without pain”, adding that there was “a difference between the brave, who want to be there at any cost, and the ones for whom a little pain can make a difference”.
Both players were overlooked for England’s World Cup qualifier against Scotland on Friday with interim manager Gareth Southgate telling reporters that “they are not fit and that’s ruled them out for us this time”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He did not specify what the injuries were.
“Obviously it’s a difficult one because I don’t know the reason for the comments Jose’s made,” Southgate added.