Spain and Barcelona centre-back Gerard Pique has said that Manchester City’s style of play has become very similar to that of Spanish giants FC Barcelona following the arrival of manager Pep Guardiola.
Guardiola returns to the Camp Nou on Wednesday for only the second time as City and Barca put their unbeaten starts to their respective campaigns in Champions League Group C on the line.
The former Bayern Munich boss took over the reins from Manuel Pellegrini at the Etihad Stadium after three years in Germany and Pique says that the former Barca coach has already made a major impact.
“These games are big matches, games in which we need to give the most. We will be playing against a very different City to the one from previous seasons,” the centre-back told reporters according to a report in Goal.com.
“Pep is in charge and has changed things. I think City are a different team to last year and all the years they came here with Pellegrini. Their style is different. They pressure high. I think they try to play more or less like us. Pep understands football the way we do. It will be a very challenging game and I hope we can win.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Pep marked all of us who worked under him. We understand football in a different way ever since he was with us. He changed the history of the football club,” he added.
“The game will be a challenge. City play very similar to us. They will be pressuring. It will be a good challenge to demonstrate we are still on top by winning.
“We are in this group to try to be first. In order to reach this goal we need to win. If we win, we are almost through and City will be five points behind us. We will have a good margin