Spain and Barcelona centre-back Gerard Pique has said that Manchester City’s style of play has become very similar to that of Spanish giants FC Barcelona following the arrival of manager Pep Guardiola.
Guardiola returns to the Camp Nou on Wednesday for only the second time as City and Barca put their unbeaten starts to their respective campaigns in Champions League Group C on the line.
The former Bayern Munich boss took over the reins from Manuel Pellegrini at the Etihad Stadium after three years in Germany and Pique says that the former Barca coach has already made a major impact.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“These games are big matches, games in which we need to give the most. We will be playing against a very different City to the one from previous seasons,” the centre-back told reporters according to a report in Goal.com.
“Pep is in charge and has changed things. I think City are a different team to last year and all the years they came here with Pellegrini. Their style is different. They pressure high. I think they try to play more or less like us. Pep understands football the way we do. It will be a very challenging game and I hope we can win.
“Pep marked all of us who worked under him. We understand football in a different way ever since he was with us. He changed the history of the football club,” he added.
“The game will be a challenge. City play very similar to us. They will be pressuring. It will be a good challenge to demonstrate we are still on top by winning.
“We are in this group to try to be first. In order to reach this goal we need to win. If we win, we are almost through and City will be five points behind us. We will have a good margin