Manchester City will open the defence of their title with a trip to Newcastle United after the English Premier League released the fixture list for the 2014-15 season on Wednesday.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side, who claimed a second title in three seasons, have been handed a tough start to their campaign, hosting Liverpool in the second week, followed a fortnight later by a trip to Arsenal and then a home fixture against Chelsea.
Chelsea travel to newly promoted Burnley on the first day of the season, Aug. 16, followed by a home match to Championship winners Leicester City, who start life in the top-flight at home to Everton.
The other promoted side, Queens Park Rangers, host FA Cup runners-up Hull City in their first match, while Tottenham Hotspur will seek revenge for three defeats to West Ham United last term when they travel to east London on opening day.
Last season’s runners-up Liverpool host Southampton in Ronald Koeman’s first match in charge, while fellow Dutchman Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United host Swansea City.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Manchester City host Southampton on May 24, the final day of the season, while Arsenal host West Bromwich Albion, Chelsea host Sunderland, Manchester United travel to Hull and Liverpool visit Stoke City.
Opening day fixtures: Arsenal v Crystal Palace, Burnley v Chelsea, Leicester City v Everton, Liverpool v Southampton, Manchester United v Swansea City, Newcastle United v Manchester City, Queens Park Rangers v Hull City, Stoke City v Aston Villa, West Bromwich Albion v Sunderland, West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur (all matches 1500 local time and are subject to change).