Manchester City defender John Stones is relishing the prospect of coming up against “the best player in the world” in Lionel Messi when they face Barcelona at the Nou Camp in the Champions League on Wednesday.
“He’s one of a kind,” Stones told Sport 360. “I think we, as footballers, appreciate it even more when you come up against him and see what he can really do.
“I’ll be looking forward to that challenge. But it’s not just him, it’s everyone in that team. I think Luis Suarez has taken his game to another level since he was at Liverpool.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
City spent 47.5 million pounds ($58.31 million) to acquire Stones from Everton in the close season and the 22-year-old was certain he will continue to grow at the club.
“You can’t let your game slip or your focus. It’s something I’m working on, but that comes with age and experience,” he added. “It takes time to learn the game and I’m still learning. There’s plenty more to come.”
City trail Group C leaders Barcelona by two points after three games.