Brazilian media say the local football confederation has decided to drop Luiz Felipe Scolari as Brazil head coach.
Globo TV and other news outlets said early Monday that Scolari will not remain as coach after the national team’s failure to win the World Cup at home.
Scolari said Saturday after Brazil’s 3-0 loss to the Netherlands in the third-place match that he was handing over the team’s command and that it would be up to the Brazil confederation to decide whether he would continue.
Globo said the confederation’s official announcement would be made later Monday.
Delfim Peixoto, elected as a confederation vice presidents for 2015, confirmed the information to the UOL web news portal, saying he was told by top officials that Scolari will not stay as coach.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked