Luis Suarez has begun training with Barcelona a day after the Court of Arbitration for Sport softened his suspension for biting an opponent in the World Cup.
The CAS upheld FIFA’s decision to ban Suarez from playing for four months but lessened its restriction on other football-related activities, including practicing and playing friendlies.
Suarez, who transferred to Barcelona from Liverpool after the World Cup, trained on Friday for the first time with Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and his other new teammates.
Suarez will be eligible to play in Monday’s friendly at Camp Nou. His unveiling to the media will be on Tuesday.
The Uruguay forward won’t be able to play a competitive match until Oct. 25.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016