Manchester United players have already had a taste of Louis van Gaal’s methods after the new manager, who is officially unveiled in the role on Thursday, ordered double training sessions just two days into the pre-season.
Van Gaal, smiling and looking relaxed after arriving from his stint as Netherlands manager at the World Cup, was given a tour of the Carrington training facility by his new assistants, recently-retired United star Ryan Giggs, and Albert Stuivenberg.
The Dutchman introduced himself to the players individually but it is understood that he is waiting for the return of those enjoying post-World Cup breaks, including striker Wayne Rooney, before he addresses the squad as a whole.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In Brazil, where he guided the Dutch to third place, he said he was aiming to instil the same team unity at Old Trafford. “I hope the group in Manchester will become like this one,” he said after the Dutch ended their World Cup campaign with a 3-0 victory over Brazil. “We have to sing from the same hymn sheet.”
Van Gaal, 62, has won titles with Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AZ Alkmaar, will take charge of a United match for the first time on July 23 against the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Manchester United’s Michael Carrick could miss the start of forthcoming season after suffering a serious ankle injury, new manager Louis van Gaal said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old England midfielder was seen being driven away early from the club’s training ground on Wednesday and it is now feared his injury could mean he is unavailable for up to 10 weeks.