Everton manager Ronald Koeman has tipped the Merseyside club’s fierce rivals Liverpool to be among the sides fighting for the Premier League title this season.
Liverpool have made a strong start to the campaign, having lost only once in 14 games in all competitions, which has propelled them to the top of the league and the quarter-finals of the League Cup.
“It’s still too early to say who will be the favourites but I have been impressed by Liverpool so far,” Koeman told ESPN.
Liverpool are also the league’s leading goal-scorers, having netted 30 times in 11 games, and their attacking style of play has given supporters hope that the club can end their 26-year wait for a league title this season.
“Maybe that is not what you might expect the Everton manager to say but they have been playing some very good football and deserve to be at the top,” Koeman added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“They have goals in their team and this is what all successful sides need. Of course they can be champions this season, they have a good chance, but they are not the only contenders.”
Liverpool travel to face 10th-placed Southampton while Everton, who are seventh in the table, host second-bottom Swansea City on Saturday.