Barcelona defender Gerard Pique feels club-mate Lionel Messi should have been awarded the World Footballer of the Year title each season since 2009.
Messi on Sunday completed his 500th goal for the Catalan football powerhouse Barcelona as they defeated Sevilla 2-1 in La Liga.
Messi has bagged the coveted Ballon d’Or award in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2015 — his tally is highest in world football.
“If the Ballon d’Or were given to the best player in the world. Leo would have won it every year since 2009. He’s on another level,” Pique wrote in Spanish on Twitter.
Si el Balón de Oro se diera al mejor jugador del mundo, Leo lo tendría que haber ganado cada año desde el 2009. Otro nivel.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Gerard Piqué (@3gerardpique) 6 November 2016