Barcelona maestro Lionel Messi is preparing to make his return from injury against Deportivo La Coruna on Saturday to ensure he can start in next week’s mouth-watering Champions League clash with Manchester City.
The five-time world player of the year has been out of action since injuring his groin in the 1-1 draw with Atletico Madrid on Sept. 21, missing victories over Sporting Gijon and Borussia Moenchengladbach and the 4-3 defeat at Celta Vigo.
The Argentina captain also missed his country’s World Cup qualifiers against Peru and Paraguay.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to Barcelona newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Messi is set to start Saturday’s La Liga fixture with Deportivo at the Nou Camp on the bench with a view to coming on in the second half.
After easing himself back into action, Messi will expect to line up against Premier League leaders City on Oct. 19, when former Barca coach Pep Guardiola returns to the Nou Camp.
The injury has prevented Messi from training with his team mates for three weeks but he is set to resume ball work on Tuesday before rejoining full training on Thursday.
Barca are fourth in La Liga on 13 points, two behind leaders Atletico Madrid.
The return of the club’s all-time top scorer and talisman comes at the right time as they prepare to meet City twice in a fortnight and face difficult La Liga trips to Valencia on Oct. 22 and Sevilla on Nov. 6.