The shortlist of FIFA Puskas Award is out with the candidates for the best goal of the year announced and it features the expected names of Lionel Messi and Neymar. It also features another La Liga player in Saul Niguez who plays for Atletico Madrid.
The goal in contention for Messi is his free kick against United States for Argentina at the Copa America in the 4-0 victory. For Neymar it is a flick and volley for Barcelona against Villarreal and for Saul is the solo effort against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League semi-final win.
The list also includes the memorable Cruyff-esque goal by Hal Robson-Kanu for Wales at the Euro 2016 against Belgium in their surprise win.
The Puskas Award takes into contention the goals scored across the world between September 30, 2015 and September 30, 2016.
The winner will be picked based on the fan votes and the top-3 will be declared on December 2. Last year, Wendell Lira won the award that is named after the late Hungarian legend who was known for his goal-scoring prowess.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The shortlist for the FIFA Puskas Award:
Mario Gaspar (Spain) — 13.11.2015, Spain vs. England, international friendly
Hlompho Kekana (South Africa) — 26.03.2016, Cameroon vs. South Africa, African Nations Cup qualifier
Marlone (Brazil) — 21.04.2016, Corinthians vs. Cobresal, Copa Libertadores
Lionel Messi (Argentina) — 21.06.2016, United States vs. Argentina, Copa America Centenario semifinal
Neymar (Brazil) — 08.11.2015, Barcelona vs. Villarreal, La Liga (Spain)
Saul Niguez (Spain) — 27.04.2016, Atletico Madrid vs. Bayern Munich, Champions League
Hal Robson-Kanu (Wales) — 01.07.2016, Wales vs. Belgium, Euro 2016
Daniuska Rodriguez (Venezuela) — 14.03.2016, Venezuela vs. Colombia, South American U17 Women’s Football Championship
Simon Skrabb (Finland) — 31.10.2015, Gefle vs. Atvidaberg, Allsvenskan league, Sweden
Mohd Faiz Subri (Malaysia) — 16.02.2016, Penang vs. Pahang, Malaysia Super League
What is your choice for the goal of the year? Let us know in the comments!