Tata Motors, the home-grown automaker, has appointed the star footballer Linoel Messi as its global brand ambassador for its passenger vehicles. The objective behind appointing Messi as its global face is to connect with the youth as the company is focusing on more youth-centric products globally. The contract with the footballer is for two years initially, which can be extended afterwards. To start with, the first campaign starring Lionel Messi – #madeofgreat – starring Lionel Messi – will air tomorrow i.e. November 3, 2015.
The core idea of the ‘Made of Great’ campaign emerges from the inspiring thought of ‘What drives us from within is what makes us great’. The Company has plans to also bring in an exclusive merchandising range of this association.
- Champions League: Barcelona has fitness doubts about Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets against Roma
- Argentina to be ‘Messi’s team’ at the 2018 FIFA World Cup: Jorge Sampaoli
- Mohamed Salah ‘on his way’ to Lionel Messi comparisons: Jurgen Klopp
- Lionel Messi breaks Cristiano Ronaldo’s record of fastest to 100 Champions League goals
- PSG’s Neymar left Barcelona to step out of Lionel Messi’s shadow, says Dani Alves
- Lionel Messi: Ten things you didn’t know about the Barcelona magician
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit at Tata Motors, said, “We are very excited to have Lionel Messi on board. He is talent galore with conviction & is an icon for today’s youth. Watching him play football is magical. His determination on the field is awe-inspiring. He is a winner who is trustworthy, reliable, pioneering, simple and driven by self-belief, which is the core idea of this campaign – ‘What drives us from within is what makes us great,”
“As we look to expand our footprint across the globe, Messi’s unique ability to appeal globally, transcending geographies, makes him ideal person to represent our brand, internationally.”, he added.
Tata Motors will be the first Indian brand to be endorsed by Lionel Messi. Expressing his excitement to be endorsing the Indian automobile giant, he said: “Namaste India. I am very excited about my first association with an Indian brand and am extremely thrilled to be a part of the Tata Motors family. I have always been fascinated by India and have heard such great things about this diverse country.”