Premier League champions Leicester City must pick themselves up to rediscover the winning habit and get their season back on track, winger Marc Albrighton has said.
Leicester have not been able to replicate last season’s fairytale run under manager Claudio Ranieri, who led the 5,000-1 outsiders to the title against all the odds. They sit 13th in the standings after eight games.
“Last year, we had the rub of the green on many occasions which I feel we created ourselves. We were working hard all over the pitch and things started going for us,” Albrighton told the club’s website (www.lcfc.com).
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“If you’re not doing the basics and you’re not fighting as well as you can then things like that go against you. We’ve got to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down… We’re obviously disappointed but we need to get this out of our minds.”
Ranieri’s side have won two league games this season and have lost three of their last five. They have, however, won their opening two Champions League matches to top their group.
“We need to get back to what we’re good at and that’s fighting all over the pitch. We need to be harder to play against. As players, we need to stand up and be counted,” Albrighton added.
“We’ve been too easy to beat and it’s not good enough. We need to stand up and be men out there and that’s got to be done all over the pitch.”
Leicester host Crystal Palace on Saturday.