Kerala government is looking into the possibility of offering its traditional ayurvedic treatment to Brazilian footballer Neymar for his fractured vertebrae.
Amidst rumours in a section of media that Brazilian Football Federation has sought Kerala help, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told The Indian Express that the idea to give ayurvedic treatment to Neymar was mooted by Kerala Football Association (KFA).
“When they (KFA) approached us with the idea, I have asked the health department to examine the issue. Heath Minister V S Shivakumar has convened a meeting of higher officials,’’ said Chandy.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The chief minister said the health department has downloaded the details regarding the nature of the injury Neymar has sustained. The department has prepared a preliminary report. “I would have another meeting with the minister tomorrow (Wednesday). If it is possible to give ayurvedic treatment to Neymar, we would make an offer to the Brazilian Football Federation in that regard.”
Kerala Health Secretary Dr K Ellangovan said the idea was only a wish of football fans in Kerala. Ellangovan further said though fracture has to heal itself, ayurvedic treatment can boost the recovery.
“After preliminary round of discussion, officials have reported that there is no special treatment for fracture in ayurveda. Fracture has to heal itself. However, flexibility can be easily attained through ayurvedic treatment, said Dr Ellangovan.