Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata has urged his teammates to move on from the 0-4 defeat against Chelsea in the English Premier League (EPL) football competition on Sunday.
Goals from Pedro, Gary Cahill, Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante ensured United head coach Jose Mourinho’s first return to a match against Chelsea since he was sacked last year ended in bitter disappointment.
Now, United will seek a strong performance when they face cross-town rivals Manchester City in the English Football League Cup on Wednesday before facing Burnley in the EPL on Saturday.
“We must carry on. Luckily, in three days we have a very important fixture, and as from now we must focus on this new opportunity to get better,” Mata wrote in his blog.
“It sounds like a cliché but it’s true: when we win and everybody praises you it’s easy to be united and celebrate together, but it is now, after such a defeat, when we must remain mentally strong and keep going. Together we win and together we lose,” the Spanish international added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Thank you so much to the fans that came to London, you didn’t stop cheering us on through the 90 minutes, even when things became so difficult, you guys are amazing; and also to the Chelsea fans, for they always show me their respect and affection.”