Liverpool’s Jordon Ibe has confirmed he intends to play for England if called up to the senior side.
The winger is also eligible to play for Nigeria through his father, but has progressed through England’s youth teams and made his under-21 debut for the Three Lions this month.
- England manager Gareth Southgate has big calls to make
- Southampton's Nathan Redmond targeting England World Cup place
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: 'England DNA' yields positive results, future bright for 20, 17 champions
- Liverpool well prepared for the challenge, says Jurgen Klopp
- Juergen Klopp's indomitable spirit important for Liverpool: Jordon Ibe
- Mixed emotions for Brendan Rodgers after Liverpool settle for 1-1 draw
“It was my choice and it feels the right choice for me,” the 19-year-old told the club’s website (www.liverpoolfc.com).
“I was born here and have played in the younger age groups. I want to take it up to the first team one day.”
“You want to represent your country well. Even at times when you’ve not got games for Liverpool, doing well with England is vital,” he added.