Spain defender Jordi Alba has been dropped from the team’s squad because of a muscle injury sustained in the World Cup qualifier against Italy. The Spanish football federation says he will be replaced by Arsenal defender Ignacio “Nacho” Monreal.
Alba’s left leg injury was confirmed Friday and he will not travel with the rest of the team for Sunday’s game at Albania.
The Barcelona player was substituted in the 22nd minute of Spain’s 1-1 draw against Italy in Turin on Thursday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Former world champions Spain and Italy have four points each after two matches in Group G, two points less than leader Albania, which won two in a row to start its qualifying campaign for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.