Midfielder Jack Wilshere would not hesitate to leave Arsenal when his loan spell at Bournemouth ends if he fails to break back into manager Arsene Wenger’s first team plans. Once regarded as one of the brightest young hopes in English soccer, the 24-year-old fell out of favour at Arsenal after managing only 17 games in two seasons blighted by injury and joined Bournemouth on a season-long loan in August.
“Of course I love Arsenal, but if there comes a time when I have to leave, then I have to leave,” he told British media. “If I go back and I’m still not playing then, of course, I will have to think about things.
“At the moment I’m concentrating on Bournemouth. I want to put myself in a position where I go back next year and I’m a better player and I can play week in, week-out.”
Wilshere, who has been recalled to the England squad for Friday’s World Cup qualifier against Scotland and a friendly against Spain, also said his move to the south coast club was a much needed boost.
“It was good for me. For my head. I wanted to get back playing week-in week-out, being involved in the Premier League. I have missed a lot of football,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“I missed the fight of the Premier League, being involved in all the big games and making a difference for a team and I wanted to feel that again, and almost fall back in love with the game again.
“When you are injured… it is hard. It is difficult. I needed it for myself.”