Mumbai City FC defeated NorthEast United FC by a single goal, making it the third consecutive defeat of the home team in the ongoing Hero Indian Super League.
Mumbai City FC relied on an opportunistic goal from Jackichand Singh to notch a solitary goal victory that helped them regain their top spot.
NorthEast United continue to be beyond the play-off spot after being left with 10 points from their eight matches played so far, losing the last three matches played at home in front of a packed stadium.
NEUFC fell behind due to a lapse from its Brazilian goalkeeper Wellington de Lima Gomes in the 45th minute.
The setback just before the half-time whistle upset NorthEast’s rhythm and they could not stage a comeback in the second session.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
However, it was a different story in the opening 45 minutes when NorthEast United pressed hard for the advantage.
Katsumi Yusa and Emiliano Alfaro were both combining well upfront and creating problems for Mumbai City’s defenders.
The two combined well in the 20th minute to create an opportunity for Holicharan Narzary, but the local player kicked the turf instead of the ball when he was in a position to score.