NorthEast United FC coach Nelo Vingada expressed his disappointment at the linesman first raising his flag and then putting it down when Atletico de Kolkata’s Helder Postiga headed the ball for Iain Hume to score the equaliser here on Thursday.
“The linesman cannot explain why he put his flag up when Postiga was jumping in the 89th minute but no foul was given. Maybe he was under pressure,” Vingada told reporters after Hume cancelled Nicolas Velez’s opener in the 90th minute to share the spoils.
Vingada was talking about Postiga pinning Nirmal Chettri down while providing the assist for Hume’s strike.
“We were the best team and we deserved to win. I am not saying the referee was bad. Like us, they also can make mistakes. It’s just strange he put his flag up and you know what happened… we lost two points. The linesman lost nothing,” Vingada complained.
ATK coach Molina on the other hand insisted his team are still in a good position to make the playoffs.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Right now with four matches to play and three matches to play for other teams, every team will go for a win.
“I think we are in a good position. There are still four matches to play. We will fight to be in the top four.”