Their morale high after the victory against NorthEast United in the last match, FC Goa would look to keep the winning momentum going when they clash against Mumbai City FC in an Indian Super League football match on Wednesday.
FC Goa did well to beat NorthEast in a must-win match, which snapped their winless streak at home. They are now looking to repeat the same tomorrow against Mumbai City FC whom they had beaten 1-0 in their away match.
The Zico-coached team is the first to field nine Indian players in the ISL after they lost six foreign players due to suspension and injury. But, FC Goa managed to overcome all the odds and score their first win at home.
Zico was a relieved man after his team beat NorthEast.
“I had faith in my boys that they would fight against all the odds and come out victors which they achieved. Now they need to take inspiration from the last match and continue to win the remaining matches in order to qualify for semifinals,” stated Zico.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“For us, every match is a must win game and our boys are conscious of it. They will give their best to win all the remaining matches to qualify for the semis,” Zico added.
“Every match for us is a final and the win against NorthEast has given us hope to play better and I have kept the boys motivated and more focus to win the remaining matches.”
Goalkeeper Laxmikant Kattimani, who was instrumental in the win against NorthEast by coming up with several saves, will have to once again lead from the front in the absence of their suspended defender Luciano Sobrosa as well as Gregory Arnolin.
Playmaker Joffre, who missed the last match due to injury, is expected to partner Trindade Goncalves at the centre of the park.
Mumbai City FC arrived in Goa after a disappointing 0-1 loss against FC Pune City. The loss put the visitors to third place with 15 points from 10 matches and a win tomorrow will take them to the top of the table.
Mumbai have 11 away points in ISL 2016, the most by any side. They have won three matches away from home in ISL 2016, two more than what they managed in 2014 and 2015 combined.
“We are still in a good position but the defeat (against Pune) is a reminder for us that it will not be so easy to get into the semi-finals and that we will have to play well and fight very hard to get the points to get us there,” said head coach Alexandre Guimaraes.
“I am pretty sure the players know the situation and they will try harder in the next game.”