It’s a do or die battle for FC Goa when they take on Atletico de Kolkata in an Indian Super League football match at Nehru Stadium here tomorrow.
After their draw against Mumbai City in their last match, FC Goa need to win all their three remaining matches and see results of other teams if they are to make it to the semifinals for the third consecutive year.
The task at hand looks difficult to achieve but with the return of defender Rafael Dumas and Luciano Sobrosa after serving suspensions, FC Goa would fancy their chances tomorrow.
Lack of precision upfront has been the main reason for the team to languish at the bottom of the table with 11 points from 11 matches.
FC Goa head coach Zico believes that the chances of qualifying for the play-offs are still in their own hands and is hoping that his players convert all the half chances they get in order to keep them alive till the end.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“The teams realise the competition, so they don’t open too much. They play a little more at the back and wait for the counter-attack. I think our team just needed to adjust our aim, we had so many opportunities in so many games,” said Zico.
FC Goa have never won against Atletico de Kolkata, the last time they played against each other ended in a draw and coach Zico is likely to adopt an attacking formation against ATK in order to garner full points.
With three matches left to be played, ATK are placed third with 15 points from 11 matches and coach Jose Molina will have to inspire his team for a win tomorrow. ATK had three draws in the last three matches, including the game against defending champions Chennaiyin FC.
“We put our full energy trying to win against Chennaiyin but (the game) ended in a draw and the one point we got is always good. Yes, we prefer to win but with this point we are third on the table and we have just got to continue to keep fighting and trying to win,” said Molina.
Iain Hume, who did not play in the last match due to injury, is expected to be fit for tomorrow’s clash as a win will enhance their chance for a place in the knock-out round.